bottle it up

"A picture's worth a thousand words, 
but you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered...
you should've seen it in color"


DSC_0281 - Version 2

DSC_0288 - Version 2

DSC_0328 - Version 2

DSC_0335 - Version 2

DSC_0343 - Version 2

DSC_0363 - Version 2

DSC_0369 - Version 2

A few weeks ago one of my bests, Alexa, swung in for a super quick morning visit while she was in SC for a few days. She hung in our all of our craziness and didn't even bat an eye. It's such a treat to see her with my boys, especially since she lives in New York. It made me smile when she pulled out her camera and just snapped away. It's not often that I'm on the other end of the camera. 

I'll forever be grateful for these shots. They so encumber every aspect of what daily life with my three little guys is like: sleeping, big brother's hand-me-downs, eating snacks on the front porch (those "big mints" may have been bribery for pictures), workout clothes & a new favorite hoodie for mama + an unruly, wild mane, peeing in the yard, and bare feet all around. These are the days that I want to bottle up and remember way down the line when they're bringing home girls who will one day take my place as their main (female) squeeze, driving cars, playing sports, and eating us out of house and home. 

This is the good life we're living. #martinbandofbrothers, my heart will always smile on these days.



"...that's the story of my life, right there in black & white..."

|Jamey Johnson|





EmoticonEmoticon